Based on the National Energy Efficiency Programme for 2011 to 2020, the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency (NEEAP) for 2016 to 2018 confirms the general commitments of Moldova. This is the second NEEAP of Moldova and it should be followed by NEEAPs for 2019 to 2021.
The scope of this plan refers exclusively to achieving efficient energy consumption and to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The second NEEAP of Moldova requires revision of targets set by NEEP 2011-2020 and NEEAP 2013-2015. The indicative 2020 target for final energy saving has been proposed in the NEEAP 2016-2020 basing on the ESD and is 167.2 ktoe (2016 - 92.9 ktoe).
The targets proposed above will be achieved by using leverages of measures in the following main directions:
• Investment in the renovation of central governmental and other public bodies buildings, as well as commercial and residential buildings, addressing both public and private sectors;
• Fostering application of the energy efficiency measures in a variety of sectors, including transportation, drinking water and wastewater as well as street lighting;
• Introducing schemes and financing instruments or fiscal incentives that lead to the application of energy efficient technologies and which have the effect of reducing energy end-use consumption in residential, services and industry sectors, such as energy labelling, etc;
• Building and promotion of energy services market;
• Encouraging by custom taxes, adequate policies the acquisition of the most performant appliances consuming electricity and gas; imposing by law EE obligations with regard to public acquisitions.
• Supporting high-efficiency cogeneration and efficient district heating and cooling systems;
• Reducing distribution losses of electricity, natural gas, and heating.